THE TREATMENT AND YOU
The work done on the table is not the entire treatment but merely initiates it.
The body will continue to respond over the next week. Here are some simple instructions
to maximize the effectiveness of the Bowen treatment:
During the week before treatment:
Minimal treatments involving adjustments, chiropractic, physical therapy, or
During the Treatment :
- Relax - the effectiveness of the treatment is enhanced by the relaxation of the
client. So turn off the cell phone, stop worrying about the kids, etc. and relax,
On the day of treatment:
Do not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. Get up periodically and take a short
walk. Do this even if you are driving. Take a walk around the car.
No hot tubs, sauna, heating pads or ice packs. A brief shower is acceptable.
- Upon standing, weight should be evenly distributed on both feet. Do not stand on
just one foot at a time. This helps to maintain the balance effect of the treatment
on the body.
- Drink plenty of water to help the body expel toxins.
During the following week:
No massage or treatments involving adjustments, chiropractic, physical therapy,
Continue to drink lots of water.
Walk as much as possible.
- Please call us if you have any questions about the process your body is undergoing.
Recommended follow-up treatment:
- Although relief is usually immediate, ongoing problems could require 2 – 4
weekly treatments with a two week follow-up thereafter.